Website John Ash & Co.
Vintners Resort and John Ash & Co. is a celebration of wine country cuisine at its best. Nestled within the spectacular Vintners Resort, with its 92 acres of lush vineyards and landscaped gardens, John Ash & Co. was the first Sonoma County restaurant to introduce the concept of cooking seasonally with fresh, local foods and produce-and pairing these exceptional recipes with wines from the region. The nationally acclaimed restaurant, with an established national reputation for excellence, has an immediate openings for full-time Pastry Cook. Learn more about us at www.vintnersresort.com where we Celebrate Everything™
Summary: supports and coordinates pastry activities under the direction of the pastry chef and engaged in preparation of desserts, pastries, confections, and specialty baked items such as breads, pizza dough, scones, cookies etc.for the entire property including the Event Center, John Ash & Co. Restaurant, Spa, and Hotel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Supports planned production for pastry department, according to menu or special requirements.
- Acts as a second in command or lead when pastry chef is unavailable.
- Follows recipes for production, enhances methods and procedures for self and pastry workers.
- Requisitions supplies and equipment.
- Maintains production records.
- Participates in preparing desserts.
- Participates and plans menus including seasonal menus.