Vintners Resort is an intimate, four-diamond, 78-room luxury boutique hotel in Sonoma County Wine Country. On property is the nationally renowned restaurant, John Ash & Co.; The Front Room Bar & Lounge; River Vine Café and Vi La Vita Spa. Learn more about us at www.vintnersresort.com where we Celebrate Everything!
We are recruiting for an enthusiastic and experienced Hotel Night Auditor! If you can provide exemplary customer service skills, have a background in hospitality and the desire to ensure a quality experience to our guests then please apply today!
The Night Auditor position requires an individual with exemplary customer service skills, phone etiquette, multitasking ability and a desire to provide the best of guest services. Minimum of 1 year night audit and/or hotel front desk experience is required. Must be available at least two nights per week 11:00 P.M. until 7:00 A.M. EOE. The ideal candidate must have general hotel accounting knowledge. Basic computer skills including Word/Excel/Outlook and knowledge of Symphony is highly preferred. This position requires an individual with exemplary customer service skills, phone etiquette, multitasking ability and a desire to provide the best of guest services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets guests and checks them into hotel following established procedures including but not limited to assuring all necessary information is received and entered into computer, obtaining credit card imprint for incidental expenses, informing guests of pertinent hotel policies, issuing room keys, directing guests to rooms and other areas.
- Responds to guest questions either in person or over the phone in a courteous and professional manner; provides information including but not limited to directions, shopping, dining, entertainment, hotel services, and safety.
- Fulfills guests’ need, ensuring their stay is as pleasurable as possible; assists with dining, entertainment, or transportation reservations as needed.
- Resolves guest problems/complaints; utilizes own best judgment in resolving issues or refers to management as needed.
- Answers hotel internal and external phone calls and provides information as needed; takes messages for hotel guests and assures receipt.
- Makes and confirms reservations for future hotel guests following established procedures including but not limited to assuring room availability, obtaining all necessary guest information, obtaining credit card information, assuring guest understands all hotel policies particularly with regard to reservation cancellation.
- Checks guests out of hotel following established procedures including but not limited to computing bills, collecting payment, and providing guest with necessary paperwork.
- Maintains front desk area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of hotel and area’s attractions.
- Completes all necessary paperwork; maintains files and records.
- Performs clerical duties as required including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, and mailing.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Responsibilities include auditing the daily transactions of the inn, answering phones, greeting guests, checking guests in and out, handling cash and credit card transactions, communicating with guest and management, and providing excellent customer service to our guests during the overnight shift.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Operational knowledge of Windows, e-mail software (preferably Outlook) and general knowledge of how to navigate the Web.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
Job Types: On-call or Part-time
Starting hourly rate of pay: $19.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- 401(k) Retirement and employer contribution
Schedule: The schedule is variable based on business needs.