https://www.vintnersresort.com/job-listings/ Vintners Resort
Vintners Resort is a full-service hospitality experience surrounded by 92 acres of vineyards, complete with a 78-room hotel with vineyard view rooms, a full-service event center, multiple wedding venues, the award-winning John Ash & Co. Restaurant, River Vine Restaurant, John Ash & Co. Catering, The Front Room Bar & Lounge and the state-of-the-art Vi La Vita Spa. Learn more about us at www.vintnersresort.com where we Celebrate Everything!
We have an immediate opening for a Conference Services Manager! The primary responsibility of the Conference Services Manager is to generate revenue through sales and maintenance of client relationships and events. Generate new business and maintain contact with present accounts. Solicit, develop and maintain business in a profitable manner ensuring budgeted financial results are achieved and or exceeded. Maintain high standards in customer satisfaction, following the Vision and Mission statement of Vintners Resort.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for executing all business development processes to achieve lead generation.
- Accountable for proactively soliciting potential new accounts or lead opportunities by leveraging business intelligence using internal and external resources.
- Possess key knowledge of the overall market, competitor’s strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand.
- Build and maintain rapport with customers throughout the sales process, effectively present hotel benefits and features based on customer needs.
- Implement and manage Sales Account Management system.
- Identify feeder markets for all segments of the business with integrated action plans.
- Persuasive communicator who takes ownership and delivers results.
- Strong administrative and management acumen.
- Maintain superior communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels.
- Meet solicitation and maintenance call requirements; make outside sales calls, handle all incoming inquiries.
- Anticipate and respond to all customer needs within a timely manner.
- Meet sales and catering booking goals to achieve budget and crossover.
- Develop and implement sales activities within market segment to achieve budgeted goal.
- Present proposals to achieve maximum profit while satisfying client needs.
- Follow-up on assigned sales leads in a timely manner.
- Participate in business review meetings, special events, sales blitzes, and sales meetings.
- Familiar with operations and standard of The Property’s relevant computer systems for Delphi and Opera.
- Maintain good relations with counterparts at competing hotels.
- Complete all assigned paperwork within a timely manner, plan and prepare appointments for sales trips and follow-up in a timely manner.
- 2-3 years Conference Services experience
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial – be able to lead team to success by leading by example.
- Undergraduate degree Preferred
- Strong business acumen, ability to understand and apply yield and revenue techniques
- Strong leadership skills; a natural motivator
- Strong management reporting skills
- Strong Communication Skills (written, verbal and formal presentation style)
- Speaks English Fluently.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities. However, the position may participate in the interviewing and development of administrative staff employees, and the delegation of administrative work.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of POS, extensive MS Excel spreadsheet software and MS Word processing software. Also, Outlook, Reserve and ten key by touch desirable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Responsible Beverage Service Certification
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is required to walk. The employee must lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary: $70,000-$80,000 annually
COVID-19 CONSIDERATIONS: We continue to prioritize the safety of our employees by managing and maintaining COVID Sanitization and Safety protocols. We have implemented a COVID Vaccine requirement for all new and existing staff.
We take care of our people! Part time employees receive paid sick time, 401(k) retirement saving account with company match, generous company discounts and property perks! We are a successful, growing company with opportunities to learn, grow, and be challenged in a fun and fast-paced work environment. We think you’ll love it here as much as our guests do! EOE.