Vintners Resort is a full-service hospitality experience surrounded by 92 acres of vineyards, complete with a 78-room hotel with vineyard view rooms, a full-service event center, multiple wedding venues, the award-winning John Ash & Co. Restaurant, River Vine Restaurant, John Ash & Co. Catering, The Front Room Bar & Lounge and the state-of-the-art Vi La Vita Spa. Learn more about us at where we Celebrate Everything!
We are seeking an experienced Butcher to join our culinary team! Must have a proven track record with fine dining experience.
The Butcher is responsible for preparing meat, seafood, and poultry items according to established specifications, production requirements, and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment. You must be able to demonstrate quality presentation, friendly and cooperative attitude, and work well in a team environment.
Culinary graduate with 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CA Food Handlers Card required.
- Cutting, grinding and preparing meats for
- Cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment
- Performing quality inspections on meats and other products.
- Excellence in cooking, supervisory and sanitation skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have a strong background working all kitchen stations.
- Strong organizational skills and creativity in menu development.
- Demonstrated passion for food service.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Familiarity with dining room and special events (banquet) preparation and service
- A strong desire to grow in this position and share skills with others
- Use skewers, bone knives, twine and other tools to lace, tie and shape roasts
- Prepare meat into forms ready for cooking using a variety of actions, including boning, tying, grinding, cutting and trimming
- Three years butcher experience
- Ability to use hand tools, stand or walk for extending periods, lift heavy items, and work in cold environments.
- Familiarity with butchering tools and techniques.
- Strong knowledge of meat preparation techniques and cuts.
- Strong communication, task management, and customer service skills.
COVID-19 considerations: We continue to prioritize the safety of our employees by managing and maintaining COVID Sanitization and Safety protocols. We have implemented a COVID Vaccine requirement for all new and existing staff.
Salary: From $20/hour
Competitive salary with complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays and excellent property discounts. EOE.