Vintners Resort is a full-service hospitality experience surrounded by 92 acres of vineyards, complete with a 78-room hotel with vineyard view rooms, a full-service event center, multiple wedding venues, the award-winning John Ash & Co. Restaurant, River Vine Café, The Front Room Bar & Lounge and the state-of-the-art Vi La Vita Spa. Learn more about us at www.vintnersresort.com where we Celebrate Everything!
We are seeking an energetic Front Desk Manager to join and lead our Front Office team! The Front Desk Manager is responsible for the management and direction of the Front Desk operations by ensuring exceptional quality of service to the guest, excellent leadership to the employees while monitoring cost and inventory to ensure a profitable operation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB DUTIES:
- Hires, trains, and supervises the Front Desk staff, concierge, Bell Department and Portman.
- Conducts performance evaluations and coaches and counsel’s employees when necessary.
- Performs Front Desk duties in the absence of managers and staff.
- Directs the efforts of the Front Desk staff through effective oral and written communication.
- Plans and directs the functions of administration and planning of the Rooms Division Department to meet the daily needs of the operation.
- Clearly describes, assigns, and delegates responsibility and authority for the operation of the various Rooms Division departments.
- Develops, implements, and monitors the schedules for the operation of all Rooms Division Departments in order to achieve positive results.
- Implements effective control of operating expenses and labor costs among all Rooms Division departments.
- Assists subordinate staff members in establishing and achieving projected profit levels and quality service and cleanliness standards.
- Reviews hotel logs for specific instances and reports to the General Manager.
- Monitors hotel traffic and works with the Front Desk Team to adjust schedules accordingly.
- Participate in Yield Management.
- Develops standard operating procedures and organizes the tools necessary to ensure excellent customer service and profitability, e.g. guests FAQs, budgeting, forecasting purchasing specifications, rooms inventory controls, etc.
- Constantly evaluates the performance and motivates the Rooms Division staff.
- Works within an approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue.
- Plans and or administers training and develops programs within the department which will provide well-trained employees at all levels.
- Supports other Rooms Division Departments (HK/maintenance/landscaping) to ensure that the rooms, equipment, and buildings meet requirements of state and local innkeeper laws and internal regulations.
- Analyzes information and plans appropriate opportunities with Revenue manager concerning the Rooms Division operations such as daily room rates, operating expenses, and labor costs.
- Responds to guest complaints accordingly through either verbal or written correspondence.
- Responsible for preparing and presenting a Rooms Division budget and maintains cost control of the operation.
- Regularly conducts Rooms Division staff meetings for the purpose of keeping the staff informed, providing training and to create a positive work environment.
- Attends the Executive staff meetings and coordinates with other department heads to ensure smooth operation.
- Establishes and maintains policies and procedures for the Rooms Division Department and interprets company policy for employees and enforce safety regulations.
- Surveys and conducts property and room inspections on a regular basis by visually identifying areas of the hotel for needed improvements, such as guestrooms, public areas and the restaurants.
- All other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the Hotel from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the Hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with the Hotel rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of the facility.
Directly supervises the Front Desk staff, Concierge, Bell staff and Portman staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Knowledge of the Hotel industry, current market trends and economic factors.
- Ability to develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Able to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional Rooms Division journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write Rooms Division reports, business correspondences and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions percentages and sales volume.
- The ability to effectively deal with employees and customers some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Meets legal age requirements for the position.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Previous Rooms Division supervisory experience is required.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES: CPR/First Aid Certified is recommended. Valid California Driver License is required.
GROOMING: All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available.)
Base Salary Range: $68,000 to $85,000 per year, based on background and experience. This position is eligible to participate in our Sales Incentive Program which will be based on an annual goal and will be paid out quarterly. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits: Complete benefits package
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Medical, Dental and Vision Health insurance
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Paid time off
- Generous employee discounts
Schedule: Position will work onsite, and the schedule may vary depending on business priorities.