Website Vintners Resort
Nationally acclaimed John Ash & Co. Restaurant at Vintners Resort located in the heart of Sonoma County Wine Country has an immediate opening for a Chef De Cuisine. We are looking for experienced Chef De Cuisine who is passionate and take pride in the food they serve.
The Chef De Cuisine is responsible in assisting the Resort Executive Chef for overall John Ash & Front Room kitchen operation as a successful independent profit center, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction, through planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the Kitchen operation and administration.
Learn more about us at www.vintnersresort.com!!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing the John Ash sous chefs and pastry chef guiding their oversight of the kitchen staff with primary
- focus on selection, training, and supervising of daily work assignments.
- Act as a coach and mentor; manage performance by setting objectives, deliver performance reviews, provide ongoing performance feedback and administer corrective action when needed.
- Monitor and train all staff in proper sanitation procedures. Ensure that all employees are in assigned uniforms and serving safe food.
- Oversee daily production from each kitchen department to ensure proper presentation and preparation to event guidelines.
- Conduct regular department walk-throughs, pre-shift line up tastings and random food tastings during service.
- Establish proper portion sizes and controls to ensure proper amounts are being prepared for events.
- Oversee the creation of standard operating photos, recipes, and descriptions for all cooks.
- Oversee the integrity of the kitchen software systems.
- Attends events in the field as necessary.
- Oversee the culinary aspects of tastings, making appearances as necessary.
- Review event orders with Field Chefs to give thorough explanations of methods and presentation.
- Cook in any kitchen department as needed, taste products that are produced to ensure quality and consistency.
- Assist the Executive Chef in presenting new menu items and relevant culinary information to the sales team, culinary staff and other company properties on an on-going basis.
- Participate in weekly production meetings to confirm all kitchen details with sales and operations staff, making arrangements to obtain information missed if not in attendance.
- Directly supervises 10-20 employees in the Kitchen. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Impeccable service standards and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Ability to effectively solve problems and make decisions in a fast-paced high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work effectively across all functional departments.
- Strong project management skills from conception to completion, with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously to deadline.
Education and/or Experience:
- Culinary Arts associates degree required; advanced culinary arts certification is preferred.
- 5+ years of successful experience within the hospitality industry, preferably with catering experience.
- Completion of Sonoma County Department of Public Health Certified Food Service Manager certification preferred, or ability to complete the certification within 7 days after date of hire.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Bilingual skills preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Food Handlers Certificate
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to manage people
- Culinary breadth of knowledge
- Knife Skills
- Food and Safety Regulations
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, taste and smell.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch for 6 to 8 hours at a time.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 60 lbs.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- May work in extreme heat and cold (non-weather and weather).
- May work in wet conditions (non-weather and weather).
- Noise level is low to moderate.
- May work near toxic/caustic chemical and with fumes or airborne particles.
- Will work near moving or mechanical parts.
Full-time employees receive a complete benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, sick leave and excellent company discounts.
Base Salary Range: $85,000 to 95,000 per year, plus the position is eligible to participate in the annual performance program. EOE
Please visit this link to apply at https://vintnersresort.com/careers/